1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ric 4003 price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turkish, Oct 9, 2002.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    whats the averagae/cheapest price you guys have seen for a 4003 these days?

2. New or used?

New you could probably score one in the $1200 neighborhood. I haven't really looked into new ones much, so thats just going off memory.

I see used Rics on ebay alot. But ebay is iffy at best. Auctions can close anywhere between $400 and $900 from the ones I've watched.

3. zzounds.com has new 4003s for $995. I bought mine from musiciansfriend.com for $1149, but they price-matched the $995 figure when I found it a couple of days after the bass arrived in the mail.

Someone posted something awhile back about another online dealer selling them for $950.
    Save for needing a setup to suit my preferences, the bass is in perfect condition.
    Oh, and the price includes a Ric HSC.

4. If you price shop between Musician's Friend, ZZounds, Music123, etc. you'll find one for around $975 new, and a very clean/excellent condition 4003 can go for $775 on Ebay. I bought a 2002 4003 Sunglo off ebay from Vintage Bass Traders, for $750 plus $25 shipping and it was without a mark. Good luck.