Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ric Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Hella_Groovy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Just a quick question, I alreay asked in luthiers corner, but only got one unsure response. Could a Rickenbacker Bridge (from allparts) work on a p-bass body? (If not, then a j-bass body?)

2. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    You'd have to drill or have someone else drill the proper holes but other than that I don't see why it wouldn't work.

3. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Not only drill holes, but route a space for that part of the base of the bridge that drops below the surface of the bass... that is, if it is a direct Rickenbacker replacement.

A route like that means... "NO GOING BACK!!!" :eek:

4. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Thats, okay, I'll be doing this to a warmoth body, so no harm to any vintage/collector/expensive stuff. I'll be doing Ric bridge, p-bass body (Havent settled on a body wood yet) and a J neck with a LP head. Have'nt settled on pups as of yet, either... Thanks for the help!

5. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    The Rick bridge only has 2 way string height adjustment. You can't adjust each string, only one side or the other, which is why the Badass mod. is so popular. A Ric bridge would not be my choice for installation on a custom project..You'd be a LOT better off going with something else IMHO.

Slug

6. elgranluis

elgranluis

Feb 14, 2003
    El paso, TX

why would you wanna do something like that? I mean,...

7. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    as far as I'm concerned, a bridge is a bridge (unless it's brass, in which case it's not ;) I'm really just using the ric for looks