Ric Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Hella_Groovy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Just a quick question, I alreay asked in luthiers corner, but only got one unsure response. Could a Rickenbacker Bridge (from allparts) work on a p-bass body? (If not, then a j-bass body?)
  2. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    You'd have to drill or have someone else drill the proper holes but other than that I don't see why it wouldn't work.
  3. bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Not only drill holes, but route a space for that part of the base of the bridge that drops below the surface of the bass... that is, if it is a direct Rickenbacker replacement.

A route like that means... "NO GOING BACK!!!" :eek:
  4. Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Thats, okay, I'll be doing this to a warmoth body, so no harm to any vintage/collector/expensive stuff. I'll be doing Ric bridge, p-bass body (Havent settled on a body wood yet) and a J neck with a LP head. Have'nt settled on pups as of yet, either... Thanks for the help!
  5. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    The Rick bridge only has 2 way string height adjustment. You can't adjust each string, only one side or the other, which is why the Badass mod. is so popular. A Ric bridge would not be my choice for installation on a custom project..You'd be a LOT better off going with something else IMHO.

6. elgranluis

elgranluis Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    El paso, TX

why would you wanna do something like that? I mean,...
  7. Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    as far as I'm concerned, a bridge is a bridge (unless it's brass, in which case it's not ;) I'm really just using the ric for looks