Ric Copy Austin TX $175

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Webtroll, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/1605517041.html

Vintage 1970s Rickenbacker 4001 Japan Copy. Wild Frankenstein. [email protected]@K! - $175 (South)
    Date: 2010-02-17, 4:05PM CST
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hello. Here is a wild one. 1970s Made In Japan, bolt neck, Rick copy.

Somebody put some time amd money into this one, once upon a time! Many mods...Purple w/black splatter paint job, nicely done. Some routing on the back for electronic. Pickups are ACTIVE EMGs, one Jazz, one soapbar. Red anodized bridge! Heavy duty tuning machines. Custom strap buttons. Neck has frets except for scroll area at body end, for fretless, maybe?

The pickups work, but the pots and jack are noisy. The neck is a little cocked so the G string is closer to the edge on the fretboard than the E string. So it could use an adjustment. But the neck is straight, action decent and will be playable.

There you go, no excuses, needs just a leetle bit of tweaking.

This will make some punker or glammer quite proud!

$175 CASH DEAL includes hard case as shown. At this price point, I don't want to argue or explain. It is what it is. And sold "as is". SERIOUS ONLY PLEASE.

Please respond WITH PHONE # and I will call in order of response.

Thanks!

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1605517041-0 image 1605517041-1
    image 1605517041-2 image 1605517041-3
    PostingID: 1605517041

2. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
    He had one earlier that was much nicer... He said I missed it by a few seconds... I passed on this one, was just too wild for me!

3. would loved to have see it

4. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Gone.

Would have picked it up too.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021