1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RIC FIERABRACCI ON A KILLER XOTIC BASS!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bottomzone, Sep 11, 2008.

1. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
  2. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    That was awesome, thanks!

It's kinda funny how he's promoting these basses when I just saw him on a Pedulla ad on this month's BP mag. Of course that's not to say you can't use and be involved with 2 or more brands.

3. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    This is a few month old, but very nice. Ric is one of my favorite players. I think in real life he uses Xotic pedals, but not the basses. He might have been playing that bass for the video because it was an Xotic video. But he maily plays Pedulla, and Ristola basses.

4. I think i've found my ideal tone, lol. I think i'm just about there too.

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Rick apparently owns a lot of basses....but he does mainly play his Pedulla 5's and his Ristola 6 from what I've heard.

6. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    That's correct Andy. I spoke with Rick and he told me that he is back to playing his Pedulla basses and that he no longer owns the Xotics.

I dig the Xotics and went to their shop and played the XB and the new JB...both were killer basses. Awesome tones, great necks, perfect fit and finish!

I want one!!

7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Cool guy. Bought a vintage J bass from him many years ago. We kept in touch. Always fun to talk to and watch him play. Monster chops and groove

Rob

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mark, do you know what pickups were in that second Xotic bass of his. The first had Kent Armstrong pickups but I think the other had Barts, which I know that he really likes.

9. That was sweet, their other basses look really nice too.

I love that tone!!

10. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

I don't...both basses I played had the Kent Armstrong pickups in them. As a matter of fact Toshio just sent me an email letting me know that the Jazz bass I tried is for sale. I am debating on whether to buy it or not.