1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ric Fierabracci - Yanni

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by By-Tor, May 8, 2003.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I just got back from seeing Yanni here in Sacramento, what a great show. Just incredible.

I was concerned about Ric. Although his playing was great during the show, he seemed to stay out of the spotlight. One thing I noticed was he had a stand which held his bass while he played.
    He never had his bass actually strapped on. At one point I observed him sitting down during a song.
    Last time I saw him with Yanni he had a solo during
    "The Rain Must Fall", the only time he was really noticed was during the little bass solo part on "Dance with a Stranger".
    I was wondering if there may some health issues, I hope not. Anyway if anybody has any info I would like to know. I checked his web site, no info.

2. I see this is a pretty old post, but I just joined talkbass today. According to Charlie Adams' website, the problem with Ric is a snapped tendon in his fret shoulder. Charlie is Yanni's drummer. Ric injured his shoulder in March and had surgery in late April. Charlie says he's making a good recovery.

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the update, I'm realy glad to hear he's doing better. I was afraid he might have had something worse. He's such a talented player. It would be sad to see somebody like that loose thier ability to play.

I'm already looking forward to the next time I see Yanni in concert.

4. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    A couple of days after Sacramento, I spent the day with Ric in San Jose.

He had a sling on due to the tendon problem, as has been stated.

He just moved to NY from LA to get married & his arm is doing much better.

5. So Ric has moved from LA to NY? What, permanently? Well, I'm sure there's plenty of work there for a man with his talents.