Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ric Fierabracci - Yanni

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by By-Tor, May 8, 2003.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I just got back from seeing Yanni here in Sacramento, what a great show. Just incredible.

I was concerned about Ric. Although his playing was great during the show, he seemed to stay out of the spotlight. One thing I noticed was he had a stand which held his bass while he played.
    He never had his bass actually strapped on. At one point I observed him sitting down during a song.
    Last time I saw him with Yanni he had a solo during
    "The Rain Must Fall", the only time he was really noticed was during the little bass solo part on "Dance with a Stranger".
    I was wondering if there may some health issues, I hope not. Anyway if anybody has any info I would like to know. I checked his web site, no info.

2. I see this is a pretty old post, but I just joined talkbass today. According to Charlie Adams' website, the problem with Ric is a snapped tendon in his fret shoulder. Charlie is Yanni's drummer. Ric injured his shoulder in March and had surgery in late April. Charlie says he's making a good recovery.

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the update, I'm realy glad to hear he's doing better. I was afraid he might have had something worse. He's such a talented player. It would be sad to see somebody like that loose thier ability to play.

I'm already looking forward to the next time I see Yanni in concert.

4. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    A couple of days after Sacramento, I spent the day with Ric in San Jose.

He had a sling on due to the tendon problem, as has been stated.

He just moved to NY from LA to get married & his arm is doing much better.

5. So Ric has moved from LA to NY? What, permanently? Well, I'm sure there's plenty of work there for a man with his talents.