Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ric hardware

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4string4ever, Aug 11, 2004.

1. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Anyone know of a bridge available that is Ric compatible? I want to be able to individually adjust the string heights, and would rather not drill new holes......

2. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Hipshot, according to an email received by someone on the Dudepit from Hipshot, will be manufacturing one in about two months. The pics of the prototype I've seen looks kinda ooky, but I assume it'll be polished and chromed up in its final incarnation. It looks like it'll be fully adjustable including individual string heights. And much less annoying to intonate. :oops:

No mute thingy either.

3. Could you post pics of the prototype?..im interested in seeing this. :cool:

4. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Yes, please post pics. It would be cool if it didn't look like dead stinking buffalo ass......

5. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Here ya go. Looks kinda rough, but it is a prototype after all.

6. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    And I just remembered, John Hall of RIC had mentioned at one point about having his own new 4001/4003 bridge prototype "sitting on his desk" or something. Maybe we'll have that see the light of day sometime as well.

7. Neato Torpedo.

That would certainly make things a lil easier i would think. But i must admit i have become quite good at adjusting Ric bridges...so its not really a huge deal for me. But i know alot of people really like the idea of individual string heights on Rics. And its probally best in the long run for the company to add them.

8. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    The other cool thing to make it easier to adjust these bridges is to incorporate small allen screws that fit these slots. THere is a place called bolt depot on line that has them. I have gotten a set and am setting up my bass because the top of the allen screw is the same as the bridge elevation screws. There is some info on the Rick forum about these and it makes a LOT more sense.

9. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Ok, I spoke to a guy at Rickenbacker yesterday. He told me that they were in fact putting out the bridge, and it would be viewable within the next month on their website. He wouldn't give up much info on it though. All he would tell me is that I wouldn't have to drill new holes, and the saddles would be individually adjustable.

10. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Whoah, great news! Actually, I've been looking to replace my Rick's bridge as it's got a case of pulling-up-itis (where the tailpiece begins to pull up at the end.) I've read it's not overly serious, but man it makes me nervous.

11. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Yeah, you don't want to have to deal with something like that on such a great bass. The only thing I don't like about it.

12. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    It came up in another discussion that the tailpiece is not pulling up on typical Ricks. The casting is made that way from the start, it curves slightly away from the body towards the back. Look at a brand new one on the rack and you'll see it.

13. Wow..good work. That is definitely interesting.

14. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    Here's what you need to replace the intonation screws on the original RIC bridge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]