Ric - High or Low?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Mar 5, 2006.

1. You think that a rickenbacker 4003 should get plugged into the high or low input? Same with a -10Db switch, on my swr head it has this switch, you think i should play my ric with the switch pushed in or not? thanks
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Passive instruments go into the 0dB or low input. The -10db is equal to a high input. It's normally used for active basses.

However I plug my Rays into the lows too. I like the extra kick the preamp gets.
  3. yea thats what i thought, thanks
  4. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    I have two kinds of active bass and a passive. One active has a 9V pre with 3-band EQ, and has lower output than the passive. The other active, a lightwave, has very high output. If it overloads with the "passive" or low input, then the "active" or high or -10dB is needed. It doesn't matter whether the bass is active or passive, but whether the output is high enough to need the pad.
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Plug into the one which you think sounds better.
  6. my feelings exactly. Universal Audio's user guides wisely say "Music has no limitations, plug in wherever you feel it sounds best. There are no rules"...

7. Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    Well, not necessarily, I wouldn't recommend pluging it up your a$$...you're not gonna get the greatest sound outta that idea.