1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ric neck PU and P-bass PU in one bass.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Flux Jetson, Jun 4, 2012.

1. They look like they occupy two different positions along the scale. The P looks like it sits right about at the 3rd division ("fret 36") and the Ric looks like it sits near the 2nd division ("fret 24").

I love the sound of both of those pickups, I wonder .. would they both fit on one bass in their normal positions? I'm building my next Warmoth as money arrives from some stuff I'm selling. This will be #9. Using an unpainted Alder body (I've done this before with great success, just keep it oiled now and then) .. I haven't decided on the shape yet, probably a P with forearm and tummy reliefs .. maybe a J. Unpainted Padouk neck, brass nut, stainless frets, probably the Gotoh bridge ... MAYBE that 2tek, just don't know if I want to shake loose of 2-bones for a bridge. No bridge pu.

So anyhow, I wonder if a Pbass pickup and a Ric neck pickup would fit into their proper places on one bass? I already have the wiring I'd use all figured out if they'll coexist.

Any thoughts?

2. samurai1993

samurai1993

Jun 6, 2010
    Chile
    Given the fact that the Ric pup sits around the position of a mudbucker

Frankenbass-1.jpg

It shouldn't give any problem, go ahead!

3. UP ;)
    Any results?

4. I had this idea since many months and this afternoon i will go to my luthier.
    My bass is 08 Fender Am Std P Bass, SPB1 P pickup, SJB1 pickup at the bridge and a Hi Gain Rick 4003 pickup on neck.
    Wire with Vol / Tone and a 5 way selector switch. I will post pictures when it's done