Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ric strings...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 4string4ever, Jul 31, 2004.

1. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Anyone know what strings come on new Rics from the factory? I've heard others talk about Ric strings, but damned if I can find any. Called a local music store, and the guy couldn't find them in the catalog.....

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Eh, the stock ones don't matter.. Get yourself a pack of Rotosound 66'ers.. You'll never go back. I have'em on my Ric... Pure bite.. Rawr.

3. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    They have the factory Ric strings...hell you can buy them off their website i think but i agree get the rotosound...got em on my Ric and Jaco Bass....

4. Yeah all the info you need is on the ricky website (i don't own any just go on it alot out of admiration hehe) specifically here: http://www.rickenbacker.com/us/boutique3.htm it says what guitars/basses the strings are factory fitted on and you can order them from there ('order form' at bottom) and everything!

5. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    How long have you used the swing 66 on your Ric, and what level of fretwear have they caused?

6. If you still want Ric strings you can buy them at:

www.ricpage.com or www.pickofthericks.com

Well, those are the 2 best places to buy em IMO. But i buy all my Ric needs from the Ricpage.

7. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    That what you use? Ever use the swing 66?

8. Yeah..i just use the standard Ric bass strings..they are good strings IMO.
    I wouldnt mind trying some new choices eventually...but i dont really mind the Ric strings for now.

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Moved to Strings...

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I've used them for about 8 Months. I played on my Ric daily, and usually 8+ hours a day. The fretbard is in perfect condition, and the frets are perfect.. Rics are built to last. My school has a 1974 Ric 4001 that they bought new in 1974. The thing plays very nicely considering the bridge has been busted due to years of abuse.