Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rice Krispy Treats

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 11, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think their great, i perfer homemade to the prepackaged store bought. How about you?.

2. Rice Krispy treats? Man, TB is slow tonight! *sigh* Alright, homemade are always better- cause there's love in them...

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Agreed. I like them plain. I do not like them soiled with M&M's, chips, nuts, or any other contaminent.

4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yes...plain is good...however. One day I walked into the candy store of my beloved vacation town...and what did I see? Some sort of chocolate fudge square with caramel drizzled over it and a pretzel sticking out o it. So I asked...the lady told me what you see is what you get along with the rice crispy treat that is underneath all of that. I bought one, ate it along with a yummy Dr. Pepper...and felt like I was hit with a tranquilizr dart afterwards!!! Oh boy what a heavenly delight it was.

5. Well, I'm certainly not the first to say that the food sucks badly here at UB. But one thing they do get right are their Rice Crispy treats. Yeah, they are very, very good. Dangerously good, in fact. So good that you may end up eating too many of them and then trying to play foosball.

6. You can get a really good one at Fuddruckers. And after a juicy slab-o-heffer from the grill, it is mighty fine!

7. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Hmmmmmm Fuddruckers...........

8. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah, when they're home made they're good stuff, but nobody I know has any time for such things, so on the rare times we want them, we just buy rice krispy treats at the store (I guess Kellogg makes them, I dunno). I've noticed that the quality of taste with these, in my opinion, is far below what I'm used to from home stuff. All I can taste is chemicals.

9. MAJOR METAL

Yeah i bet Dr. Pepper would be great with them.

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I really dug the Rice Krispy Treats with the chocolate chips in them. Too bad they stopped making them. But I definitely prefer homemade plain RKTs.

11. MAJOR METAL

TCBY used to sell them.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll pass. Too much sugar in each bite.

-Mike

13. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    My mom always yells at me because I eat the big box of Rice Krispy before she gets a chance to make them.

14. MAJOR METAL

I am enjoying one right now, homemade rules store bought when it comes to these in my humble opinion.

15. Big Thumbs Up on the Home Made Rice Krispy Treats!

16. Home made is better, yes of course. But the absolute optimum way to eat rice krispy squares? When they're burning hot, right from the oven. Oh my god. The marshmallow is melting as you eat it.