Rich from Line 6 here to talk about the new M9

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by richrenken, Sep 28, 2009.

1. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    Weird. This got deleted from the Effects forum. So I will start it here. Feel free to ask me about the M9. I have also cut and pasted some questions from other threads.

2. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    IL
    Hi rich, very cool to hear from you guys. Ill be honest. I used to totally dislike line6.... i recently played the guitar head with the bogner power section or whatever.... rather impressive. Do you have a brief rundown of the M9 you could give us?

3. TalkBass Sponsor

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Cool, thanks.
    It the $399 price confirmed?
    How much time is allowed for the looping function?
    Does it have all the tones of the M13 except you can't choose the order in the chain? This is what it looks like.
    What are we allowed to control with the exp pedal?

5. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    Yup, you can switch on the fly. It is a two button push. You hit tap tempo and FX3a switches at the same time and 6 circles come up in the LCD showing your current scene. Select one of the scenes to instantly go there.

6. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    Yes, $399.

28 seconds. You can put it into half speed and record a 56 second loop.

Yes, all the tones from M13. You can choose the order. Any effect can go on any of the 6 switches.

You can control anything with the exp pedal except the model select encoder.

7. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    Yup, it is going public on Thursday the 1st.

8. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    The website will be up Thursday the 1st. Briefly it is all that the M13 is in a smaller box. It also has cool updates that will eventually end up going back to the M13.

MF has a mini site up that give a basic rundown.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-M9-Stompbox-Modeler-Guitar-MultiEffects-Pedal?sku=620729

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    What are the differences in sounds available between this and the M13?

Is it the same power supply?

Does it have the long awaited clean bass octaver?

Has the tuner been improved to track to Low A or lower?

That will do me for now but be warned there will be more questions

10. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    They are exactly the same. Meaning, we have added features and updated models to the M9 that will work back into an M13 update.

Same power supply. But, unlike the M13, you can power this one with the Pedal Power AC.

Yes, it has an octaver inspired by the EBS but the tracking is even better than that, I think.

Tuner still only goes to B. Did you tell me once of one of our other products that went lower? I tried XT and X3 and Spider Valve MkII and none of them would tune an open A below Low B on my Tyler 5.

More questions are fully welcomed.

11. This looks super, super cool. One quick question: can you tell us the dimensions? If it's small enough, it could solve a lot of problems for me.

12. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    10.5" x 6.5"

13. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Yeah I think we discussed it, I thought the XT did but I was wrong.

So In terms of looper functions it looks like just the pre/post feature has gone?

How long till the M13 gets an update?

Fact it will work with the Voodoo labs AC is a plus still not an international power supply, which is annoying, but at least a step in the right direction.

Any update into the line 6 monkey (?) for the M series so I can actually update one of these pedals :D

14. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Sure looks likes it might fit a PT Mini alongside a VT Bass and my favorite tuner. :)

15. Oh my heavens.

Do the fx run before or after the looper (or can that be chosen)?

16. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    No, the pre/post function is now in the set up menu.

M13 update is very close. Hang tough.

Yup, I actually am friends with the Voodoo guys. I have been talking to them about M13/M9. :)

The M9 will be update-able using Monkey. Yay!! I hear that we will add M13 to that mix as we do the next big Monkey update. But for now when the M13 update hits, you will need to use a Sysex program for now.

17. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    They can be pre or post. On the M13 it is a switch. On the M9 it is a preference in the set up menu.

18. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    That would be a killer rig. :)

19. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Feel free to ship me one whenever you're ready and I'll do a full review. Haha. ;)

I've been going direct a LOT lately and just haven't felt like dragging my DB750 just for its DI; so, the VT Bass has been getting a lot of use. The M13 was more than I would have realistically used, despite my ever-lingering desires to create some crazy post-rock and pseudo-keyboardist backing tones. Hence why I said I'd be more inclined towards the M9. I'm not JMJ, after all.

20. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Now that this is on the market, I'll be looking for an LS-2 for the rest of my effects and an input selector to switch between my guitar and bass.

Thanks, Line 6 for finally putting something on the market that I'd consider buying from you after releasing the DL4 with cheap stomp switches.

21. How long till you model the Mutron Octave Divider :p