1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

richard bona NYE shows

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by groooooove, Jan 4, 2012.

1. saw him twice at jazz standard last week. man, what a great dude. he was very happy to take pictures and chat with anybody who wanted too after each set i saw him do. friendly, amazing man, with no ego whatsoever. he would be just as likely to ask me about my technique as i would be to ask him. thats the vibe he gives off.

his band and his sound were just off the hook. he was using a little mark amp with a markbass 2x10" (or maybe 12") cabinet. great sound, punchy boutique bridge pickup sound with enough subs to throw down for a reggae band. well almost.

07 Track 07 by TomVelsor on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

this was recorded with a zoom H4n placed on the front corner of the stage, more or less in front of richard. his rig was up on top of the house rig that im sure was not plugged in. PM me if you'd like to hear more, i might have bootlegs from two full sets. (depending on weather or not its allowed to share them here, im pretty sure richard is OK with bootleggers though)
    25qvj9w.

2. flypejose

flypejose

Sep 2, 2009
    Maryland
    Great stuff!

3. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    like!

4. Dieps17

Dieps17

Apr 1, 2011
    He looks disturbed on that pic!

5. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    I just love great musicians with a great personality

6. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Wonderful! Thanks for posting that. Amazing person, amazing player.

I've been enjoying his live disc lately, although he could have done better with the title (Bona Makes you Sweat):p

7. Rockin' the Fodera single-cut! Or rather I should say "jazzin'".

8. mhduffl

mhduffl

Nov 27, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Wish I could see him one day!!!!

9. free bump for this thread

dont be shy to ask for my bootleg!

its free and easy to share, theres no reason you guys shouldn't all give this a listen!

can't wait for my next chance to see him, too.

10. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    I know you are, but what am I?
    Bona is amazing. Thanks for posting that clip.

Last I knew, I thought he was playing Epifani cabs. Maybe he's switched.

that cab looks like a 2x10 to me.