Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Richard Bona's setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by geeyza, Nov 6, 2004.

1. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    Hi all,I was lucky enough to watch Mr.Bona with Mike Stern,Dennis Chambers,and a sax player(i cant remember the name at the mo,sorry!)on thursday night.Amazing musicians,great show,just excellent.I was standing right infront of Richard Bona(a foot away),so I had a good look at his setup,and I thought you might want to know about it :),here it goes,

Fodera5--Output1->Boss Limiter->Dod Analog Delay->MXR Stereo Chorus--(in stereo)->KORG Stereo Volume Pedal--(in stereo)--->DI box(for each channel)->CH1 and CH2 of Walter Woods Amp.

Fodera5--Output2(from VBass pick up)->Roland VBass->DI Box->Walter Woods Amp(I think to the effects return,or a line mix , the cable was going to the back of the amp)

Walter Woods Amp-->SWR GoliathIII + Ampeg 4x12

He didnt use the Boss Limiter on slow songs ,but kept it on otherwise.I didnt see(or heard) him using the Dod digital delay.but he used the Mxr Stereo chorus quite a lot,but very sparingly,it wasnt really a heavy chorus sound.He used the Roland VBass quite a lot too,may be only one patch,but it did sound excellent.first time I saw a VBass in action,it is very very impressive.
    If he plays in a town near you,dont miss him,he is amazing.
    cheers