Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Richmond Horror

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    there is a special place in hell for anyone who kills a 4 year old like that.

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Harvey's band was called House of Freaks, which apparently consisted of him on guitar and a drummer. A very sad, tragic event.

I saw a report on MSNBC where they found some lyrics from one of their songs that may have been related to the crime somehow. :eek:

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sad. People are acting more and more like animals.

-Mike

5. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I wouldn't give them that much credit.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    True. The things people do today are below what motivates animals. Yikes.

-Mike

7. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I used to live in Virginia, I say have the guards put them and their Philly accents in general population and turn their backs.

Clay's right there's a special place waiting for these guys.

8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i was wrong with my earlier statement...

the last two words shouldn't be there.

it should be "there is a special place in hell for anyone who kills a 4 year old"

9. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I didn't know Bryan, but I saw House of Freaks in Atlanta in the early 90's and they made a big impression on me. They opened for a local band called Drivin' n' Cryin' and pretty much blew them off the stage. The HOF album Tantilla is tremendous and I highly recommend it if you can find a copy. They were doing the two-piece guitar and drums thing about ten years before the White Stripes, and they wrote some great songs.

These crimes were just horrific, and no punishment is harsh enough for those two if they're guilty (and it sure sounds like they are). The thing about a possible link between HOF lyrics and the crimes is just stupid -- this appears to have been an essentially random crime of opportunity. They were looking for a house to rob and probably entered through an unlocked door. That makes it all the more disturbing. It really could have been anyone. Lock your doors, people.

10. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    One of the suspects was born and raised in Arlington, VA. They apparently went to Philly because they have relatives there.

11. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I stand corrected, but people who murder children don't do well in general population either.

12. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I hope not. They should suffer.