1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Richmond VA van theft - Stolen Peavey T-40

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by cataract, Jan 17, 2017.

1. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    A local band's van got broken into here in Richmond, Virginia.. not sure if there's a serial number available but I'll update if it pops up.
    Shoot me a message if you have any leads or look up the band Asylum (or Ryan Zell, their bassist) on Facebook.

Original FBtext follows:

My bass was stolen out of our van over the weekend. 1979 peavey t-40, keep an eye out for it in music stores/pawn shops etc.
    it's got a noticeable chip on the third fret down and two chips where your arm rests on the body. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. that sux
    I'll keep an eye out for it here in mid-West VA

cataract likes this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I'm in Eastern NC and will pop into local pawn shops as I travel. I hate a thief, music gear or not.

cataract and Killed_by_Death like this.
  4. Ouch ... I'm sorry to hear that. I live in Richmond and will keep an eye out for it. Were you doing a gig here when it was swiped?

cataract likes this.
  5. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks for looking out! I'm keeping an eye out as well, those dudes and myself live here in RVA, the van was simply parked offstreet in their neighborhood when it was broken into.

6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I don't remember the names off hand but those are two different finishes. I want to say the CL one is Sienna Burst but I am probably wrong. I also think a 1979 T-40 says "patent pending" on the stock, not "Made in the U.S.A" but, again, I am probably wrong. Side note, that seems to be a good price on a clean T-40.

7. cataract likes this.
  8. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Dang, good looking out- the seller's already deleted the listing, didn't get a chance to check it out while it was still up.

Wondering if this was the bass or if it happened to just sell super fast, still keeping my eyes peeled.

9. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Dang, deleted! I'll keep an eye out in case it's relisted

10. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    UPDATE: Apparently, this instrument was recovered a while ago. I just found this out and thought I’d share.
    I’ve had a lot of people msg me with potential leads since posting this thread, good looking out!

Bassbeater likes this.