1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rick-O-Sound setups

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stig Jones, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Stig Jones

Stig Jones

Jun 10, 2001
    Great Yarmouth
    Over the past couple of months ive been using the ol` Rick-O-Sound box, and I wouldnt mind knowing how anyone else sets theirs up - mine goes thus :-

Bass Out - Trace 300w into 2x10 + 10+15cabs
    Treble Out - Line into PA

Guitar settings - both volumes on full with a LOT of tone.

Does anybody else whack it thru the PA? It really gives a nice clunky full sound with the amp+cabs handling the bass. Bass binns on the PA help an awful lot :p

Thanx

Stig

2. what happens when you switch to the treble p-u only(intentionally or un-intentionally) and don't have an amp to hear yourself on stage with????it was intended to run 2 amps in a quasi-stereo type set-up(you gotta love RICS)BTW...have you tried the bypass surgery??it really makes that treble/bridge p-u sing!!

3. Stig Jones

Stig Jones

Jun 10, 2001
    Great Yarmouth
    ah well, lol, accidental flicking of the p/u selector results in the stage sound being very very quiet :p. Whaddya mean by "bypass surgery"....explain, i am a fool :)

4. the bypass surgreury(sp?)is the term used when you bypass the third capasitor thats wired to the bridge(treble) p-u.that cap is there to cut back the lows for that p-u(hence the name"treble" p-u). bypassing the cap opens up the sound of that p-u,resulting in more lows and more volume...this has been discussed here before...just do a search or go to the ric forum,theres a wealth of info here including wiring schematics for this simpile and painless operation....hope this helps