Rick-O-Sound setups

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stig Jones, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Stig Jones

Stig Jones

Jun 10, 2001
    Great Yarmouth
    Over the past couple of months ive been using the ol` Rick-O-Sound box, and I wouldnt mind knowing how anyone else sets theirs up - mine goes thus :-

Bass Out - Trace 300w into 2x10 + 10+15cabs
    Treble Out - Line into PA

Guitar settings - both volumes on full with a LOT of tone.

Does anybody else whack it thru the PA? It really gives a nice clunky full sound with the amp+cabs handling the bass. Bass binns on the PA help an awful lot :p

2. what happens when you switch to the treble p-u only(intentionally or un-intentionally) and don't have an amp to hear yourself on stage with????it was intended to run 2 amps in a quasi-stereo type set-up(you gotta love RICS)BTW...have you tried the bypass surgery??it really makes that treble/bridge p-u sing!!
  3. Stig Jones

Stig Jones

Jun 10, 2001
    Great Yarmouth
    ah well, lol, accidental flicking of the p/u selector results in the stage sound being very very quiet :p. Whaddya mean by "bypass surgery"....explain, i am a fool :)
  4. the bypass surgreury(sp?)is the term used when you bypass the third capasitor thats wired to the bridge(treble) p-u.that cap is there to cut back the lows for that p-u(hence the name"treble" p-u). bypassing the cap opens up the sound of that p-u,resulting in more lows and more volume...this has been discussed here before...just do a search or go to the ric forum,theres a wealth of info here including wiring schematics for this simpile and painless operation....hope this helps