Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by panic_striken, Mar 9, 2006.

1. panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Ok, I have a few quick questions for those of you who are more in the know about the stereo out or rick-o-sound on my 4003. First, I have a Genz Benz GBE500 that have an active and passive input. Can I use a stereo Y-cable and plug one end into each and achieve the famed sound or does it require two amps??? Second, exactly how big of a difference is it in the sound???
  2. lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    The rick-o-sound box simply takes a stereo out from the bass and splits it into 2 output cables, 9one with the bridge pup signal and one with the neck pup signal. A regular stereo to dual mono cable will do the same thing. I don't really see any reason to run both to the same amp, the regular output does this. It's really to run the bridge pup to an effected amp or pedal while keeping the neck pup uneffected.
  3. Rick-o-sound is just each pickup has it's own output, works great with two different amps. It allows you to EQ each pickup and amplify it seperately.
  4. panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Ok, say I ran my neck pup clean and my bridge through a big muff or something. Then, I plugged one into the active and the other into the passive. Would I get both sounds??? Would this hurt my head???
  5. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    LOL now that's a really good question, I've never thought of that:D
  6. If you tried it, I'd try the "muff" through the "active" side of it. The active side is for any output from a bass with powered pickups. I guess your muff would possibly fit the bill. Plugging a passive pickup into the active slot of the amp produces a very quite volume without the powered pickup. (...at least that's my take on it. There's probably others that are more technically able to explain it to you.)