Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rick Turner Electroline on a truck heading to me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xyllion, Mar 5, 2003.

1. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Ok, I'm now really excited. This sucker is the nicest bass that I have ever owned and it is only a couple of days away from arriving. Full report when I get it including pictures, but here is the skinny on it:

EL 535 PMM (or something like that, I'm not good with model numbers)

- dual soapbars and piezo bridge
    - fretless
    - gorgeous black body
    - 35" scale 5 string

I'm drooling just talking about it. Oh yea, I've gotta thank Dude for making this possible. He is one hell of a dealer.

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. :D

2. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I've seen that bass at the "PIT". I looks sweet. I use to have an electroline. You will love it. It's a real players bass!!

3. I wonder why he used those diamond-shaped pickups on the first Electrolines? I couldn't think of a more uncomfortable pickup shape to rest your thumb on.

4. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've got the same bass, but with a natural finish... you'll really love the tone and playability. Congrats, post a review when you've had a chance to experiment with it a while.

5. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Wait 'till you feel the neck on that bass.

Schaweeeeet

6. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Congrats! I love my Electroline fretless (you can see it if you check the link in my sig).

7. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    "Oh yea, I've gotta thank Dude for making this possible. He is one hell of a dealer. "

Wassmatta with you Bob? Don't you know it's impolite to post a GAS related thread without photos? I thought it was a law!

[​IMG]

8. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
  9. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    My Electroline has that Diamond T pup. Corner is well-rounded, and there really is no problem resting your thumb there at all. Plus, that pup sounds really good, tone is simillar to a good P-pup.

10. er, okay, I stand corrected. If I had one though I'd be tempted to fit a clear thumbrest around the pickup edge...

[​IMG]

what are the 2 bolts visible in the centre of the back of the bass for? pickup adjustment? (although I spotted screws in the pickups too)

11. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Click here for pickup height adjustment explanation

12. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    I also own Electroline fretless-5.
    Sunburst-unlined fingerboard.
    I realy like the feel and sound of bass.
    But action is to high. can't get good low mwah.
    I've take'n it to two repair people. they have set it up as low as it can go. still not to my liking.
    Maybe it's me.

13. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    That's odd...this one that I just shipped to Bob has silly muahhh (what is the proper spelling anyway??)

What strings you using? I setup Bob's with TI Jazz rounds.

14. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Mine was setup by Mike Lull while he was adding Bart 9J for me. Action is ridiculously low...I get so much mwah that I still haven't been able to find a way to get less mwah when I want to.

From what you said, seems like you may need to shim the neck a bit to get the action you want.

15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Whoah Brooks!

Just looked at your gallery of basses...some seriously cool basses you have there!

16. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Thanks Dude...now when I look at it, kinda seems strange...they span from conservative to seriously weird. I'm just glad I am so far, or there'd be a lot more of them. :D

17. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Hi, Dude
    Bass came with TI-flats.
    I also put DR-nickel wound Low Riders on Bass.