rickenbacker 2k5 color of the year: blue-burst

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 00soul, Jan 20, 2005.

1. I find that really nice, but I'd have to judge on a 4003 to be certain. I was never a huge fan of blue Rics for some reason. This one looks like a winner.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Beautiful, blueburst is one of my personal favorites.
  3. Offbase

Mar 9, 2000
    That one's gonna be an instant classic -- BEAUTIFUL!
  4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Makes me want to go out and buy a Ric! :hyper:
  5. damn, I might have to start "buy hiderebirth a rickenbacker" fund
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW, that looks really nice.
  7. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    I'll second that! I have just decided that a "Blue Burst" would look great sitting beside my Midnight Blue 4003! Sign me up!!
  8. Eh, I dont like a lot of Rickenbacker bursts. They seem really inconsistent, cause some I've seen look like crap and some are great, just like Fenders. Oh well, they're still great instruments. :)
  9. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I think that would look killer on a bass.
  10. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Oh man, I had the feeling it would be a blueburst. Hmm yes, this would go great with my Midnight Blue 4003 as well :D
  11. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Man I'm Gassing for a 4003 and that blue burst is making it harder to control myself.
  12. I bet that would look badazz on a 4003.
  13. I have one of these (the Blue Boy) and it's quite nice... I'm sure the burst will look great on a 4003.

14. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Luckily there are no 6ers or 5ers now :p So no GAS for me, thanks :p But this colour does look :cool:
  15. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Sweet! Somewhat familiar blueburst...

16. Hopefully someone takes pics of the Ric booth this weekend so we can possibly see this colour on a 4003.
  17. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    That is the exact reason that I don't want one. The shade of blue is too similiar to the Midnight Blue IMO. I was really hoping for a GreenBurst of some type.....oh well, there is always the '06 color to look forward to.

BTW....I do like the BlueBurst.....just not in addition to my MidnightBlue 4003 :smug:
  18. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    My Midnight Blue has the (now-discontinued) black trim option, so a chromed blueburst 4003 would contrast with mine a little more. I wonder if I dare order a fretless (wonder what the wait on that would be...)