Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rickenbacker 3000 Worth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by M5Yates, Mar 29, 2005.

1. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    What is Rickenbacker 3000 (short scale) worth? I can't find any that have sold or even an asking price.

Thanks,
    Bill

[​IMG]

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I know most everything about Ricks, and I must say, that I've never seen a picture of one of these before. It looks great though. I imagine it could sell for quite a penny, there is a website somewhere (Google for it) that simply sells Ricks, ask someone there, they could give a good estimate

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    The 3000 (short scale) and 3001 (34" scale) were lower-priced instruments and are very rare (hen's teeth) on the used market.

Despite their rarity, I don't think they are all that valuable - I expect that one would go for less for a typical Ricky 4001/4003.

http://www.rickbeat.com/modelslibrary/3000/3000.htm

EDIT: One went on ebay in Spring 04 for about $550.

4. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
  5. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
  6. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
  7. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
  8. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
  9. A sidenote: Rumbleseat tends to overcharge, so if you aren't lucky enough to find a buyer at that price, don't be too offended. Rumbleseat has a long history of massive markup of their in-store stock, but they do generally have some pretty nice stuff.

10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I was wondering about that. I happened to be at their site for the first time today, and thought those vintage Fender prices might be too high.