1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker 4001 C64 - Paul McCartney's Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Contrapuntal, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Contrapuntal

Contrapuntal Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    Toronto
    **SOLD** I bought this bass new from a dealer in the USA back in 2006. It is the right-handed version of Paul McCarteny's Rickenbacker bass, with the upside-down headstock, dot-marker fretboard. It has never been gigged. The only change is that I put Thomastik-Infeld flatwounds ($50) on the bass to get that Sgt. Pepper sound.

Mint condition. Everything included. Checking the Rickenbacker website, they're not shipping this bass anywhere anymore...perhaps not even making it.

Here's the link to the Rickenbacker website:

http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=4001C64

$2500 shipped from Toronto to Canada or USA.

2. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Just posting to say that in fact this bass is no longer being produced, aside from any back ordered ones. Rickenbacker's production is so backed up, they are no longer producing special models like this (gorgeous, gorgeous) bass

3. Don't want to derail, but does anybody know how many were produced?

4. basmansam

basmansam Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Vermont
    Hi, I'm very interested- PM sent

5. jakeox

jakeox

Feb 15, 2007
    Chicago
    This is incorrect, actually. You can still order these. They do have a big backlog, but they're making them.

Unless you have a source that I haven't seen and can't find anywhere.

That said, these are fantastic basses.

6. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Woops, my mistake. I thought I had remember being told by my local Ric dealer, that Rickenbacker wasn't accepting orders due to huge backlog

7. Polk Salad

Polk Salad Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Regardless of production that is one BEAUTIFUL bass!

8. basmansam

basmansam Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Vermont
  9. RickinHofner

RickinHofner

Mar 30, 2011
    I am in the market for buying a rickenbacker bass and I want a 4001, I just need to kinow what year and model I need to get that beatles... Wings... paul mccartney sound?