1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rickenbacker 4001 for $750

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by audiomitch, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Looks like the neck was broken at some point and glued back together? Other than that and the crappy pics, it looks legit to me.

Rickenbaker 4001 bass

2. If it's stable, that's a good deal!

3. I don't particularly care for how Rics look, but at that price I'd hit it for sure (if I wasn't kinda broke...).

4. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

I hate having no money.

5. although aren't the ones with black hardware notorious for having really bad tail lift?

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    If that played good, that'd be a really good deal!

7. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    If the neck was once broken......it's still broken.

8. I guess that's technically true, but I have a Gibson acoustic guitar that had to have neck repaired (in true Gibson fashion at the base of the headstock) and I don't notice nor think about it. As far as I'm concerned it is as good as new because it was professionally done. Your wouldn't even notice unless you were looking for it. If it was a good repair job I don't think there's anything to worry about.

9. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

It's true that you can fix a neck after being broken to be even better than before, I SEEN IT(!)
    But also, broken and repaired necks dramatically effect the value even if they play perfectly. $750 is fairly priced, not exactly a steal though.

10. The black hardware, pickups, and truss rod cover are almost worth the asking price, as long as the action is still decent then its worth picking up IMO.

11. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Yeah looking at the pics after posting that I've got to upgrade my opinion of it some, I was expecting something a bit uglier. I'd still pass even if local but if I'd never owned a Ric I'd jump on it.

12. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    No, they are the ones that never lift. They have the extra 2 screws.

13. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

If I had any spare cash, I would pick that up in an instant, since it's right near me. Sadly, I don't.

14. brianeharmonjr

brianeharmonjr

Aug 18, 2007
    Indiana
    Looks just like mine!

15. If it was not 10 hours away from me i would check that out