1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rickenbacker 4001CS (Chris Squire Limited Edition)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PaulBoyer, Oct 12, 2013.

1. PaulBoyer

PaulBoyer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    While preparing my book over the last eight years or so, I accumulated quite a few Rickenbacker basses. I'm no longer an active player, and I'd like to see the collection distributed to folks who want/need/appreciate a good Rick!

One of 1,000 Chris Squire "signature" basses (and an early one at that). Bryce Gracey was having Paul Wilczynski refinish the bass and sold it to me mid-project. The refinish is comparable to Rickenbacker's quality (of course). The vermillion wood on this one (fingerboard and head wings) is lighter than some and almost looks like bubinga. Near mint condition with no wear. It shows the typical staining of the bass (neck) pickup adjustment screws on the back-painted pick guard (detail photo). It does not come with the edition certificate, but it does have a letter of confirmation from RIC that this frameset was indeed a 4001CS.

Here's your chance to get a Chris Squire for less than $4 grand! Price is firm at $3500 with case plus shipping. No lower offers, no trades.

Attached Files:

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    I love the headstock on the 4001cs models.

3. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Yes, this is an early one with the "long throat" to the headstock. They shortened the headstock (and thus made a "short throat") in the mid-'90s.

4. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Mr. Boyer, would you say you have a "plethora" of Rickenbackers?

5. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Trying not to. At one point, I had 21 here. Now down to 15. I'll be keeping four or five, so there are 10 or 11 available.

6. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Paul: I PM'ed you with a question about nut widths on Rics.

And, free bump for a 4001CS! I bought a 4001CS brand new in 2000 when I was in a YES tribute band. The tone killed! I met Chris Squire backstage in 2001 after a YES concert and we chatted about the 4001CS that I owned at the time. He asked me (in his British accent) "how does it sound", and I respectfully replied, "it sounds good, but when I play mine it never seems to sound as good as when you play yours." He smiled.

7. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Sale pending . . . .

8. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Nope, fell through. Still available!!

9. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Sold! Thanks, Doran!

10. audioglenn

audioglenn

Jul 14, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Just wanted to let you know that you did a great job on the book. I bought it shortly after it was published. Thanks for writing a book that was long overdue!