Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rickenbacker 4001V63 Bass- wow !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Turlu, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    It's been a while since I posted here at TalkBass but read the posts very often. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that my quest for the perfect Tone has ended with the addition of my 1993 Rickenbacker 4001V63 Bass in mapleglo colour. I had one before, an earlier version, and sold it few years later, but now I got hooked again. I admit the 4001V63 Bass I have right now is the most amazing Bass I ever had. I can hit the E string, go for lunch, come back, and the string will still ring so much the sustain and the deep Tone is there. The Horseshoe and vintage neck pickup are wonderful and powerful.

The Tone is perfectly punchy, clear, well balanced and strung with Rotosounds or Dean Markley Blue Steel, it sounds absolutely perfect to me anyway !!! The 4001V63 Basses produced over the years have slight changes amongst them, meaning the nut, headstock, neck, pickguard, etc. is somewhat different, which makes two 4001V63 Basses sounding different. This one is for sure staying with me along with my other Rickenbacker 4003 Burgundy year 2002, which is also a great Bass.

Anyway, just a post to say that I love my recent acquisition. And, by the way, although I did not buy that Bass from Mike Parks ( www.ricpage.com ), I highly recommend him to any other Ric Fanatics in devenir !!!

2. Shweet! Where the heck are the pics? :D

And Mike Parks rules...That guy has aquired so much of my money its not funny :D

3. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I knew you would reply to that B'Aces !!!

I forgot to mention I will post pics as soon as I can. I don't have the pics with me at the moment.

Yes, Mike Parks is a great guy to deal with. Here in Canada, Long and McQuade are also very good to deal with, anyway in Ottawa.

4. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    B'aces, here are pictures for you !!! And other Ric fanatics as well ! :hyper:

The wood grain on this one is absolutely unique, should I say awesome !!! She is well accompanied with her friend, a 2002 4003 in Burgundy ( bought from Mike Parks ).

Attached Files:

5. Awsome dude!

And thats right...i forgot it was you who snuck that burgandy out from me ;)
    Lucky dawg!

6. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    OOps, Sorry B'aces, I forgot you mentioned it to me recently, but you have nice Basses too !!!

I tell you, the pictures here don`t do justice to the Bass. The wood grain is very unique.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I bought a new/old stock Ric '63 in October with the silver vintage style case. I plugged it in and it was like instant Chris Squire tone for days. Congrats on the great buy!

8. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I have yet to acquire a V63 (or C64) but I have now plenty of Ricks..
    B'Aces, the Union Jack Rick is 2 wks away from completion.

9. Sweet...im sure it will rock.

10. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    B'Aces, I went to my friend's house last night and got there just in time to see the blue and the red being applied to the bass. I will have pix the next couple of days(hopefully) and you can see how cool this thing really is.