1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003 Blue with Black binding

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    I am selling my recently acquired 1998 Rickenbacker 4003 in cobalt blue with black binding and black hardware. I traded another bass plus cash for this a few weeks ago and since then I bought a beautiful Walnut G&L L2000 so I am in that position where I have to make a decision. The bass is beautiful but it is not quite my cup of tea so I have decided to offer it up to a true Rick fan via Talkbass. The bass sounds great and plays great. It is in absolutely fantastic shape other than a crack in the pickguard that was there when I bought it (see photo). Other than that it is pretty much mint. After I got it home I ordered a treble bezel (cove model) from Pick of the rick. The bezel just arrived and I haven't installed it yet but it will be included in the deal of course. The new owner can install it if they wish.

Price $1750.00 plus shipping in North America. Those are Canadian dollars as well so a little cheaper for those in the U.S. but shipping will be cheaper for Canadians. I am located in the Toronto area so anyone local can save themselves the shipping and get a very cool and fairly rare Rick.

No Trades at all at this time. For Sale only.

Attached Files:

2. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    More pics.

Attached Files:

3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    and more pics.

Attached Files:

4. basser05

basser05 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Sharp looking rick! If only I had a room to fill with only basses........and a trunk full of money to spend on basses to fill that room! LoL

5. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Connecticut
    Bump for a beauty. I was looking at trading for this one about the time you got it. WIsh I had the cash. GLWTS

6. DownhillWillie

DownhillWillie

May 22, 2007
    I used to have one exactly like that one of yours.
    Stunning combination of Cobalt n Black!
    I've often wondered why RIC no longer offers these features

7. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Yeah it is as nice a looking rick as I've ever seen. I am pretty sure 98 was the last year they made these. I am sure I will regret this at some point but I have too many guitars.

8. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.