rickenbacker 4003 fireglo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigmcgiv, Mar 1, 2006.

1. bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    i always wanted to get one ever since i started playing back when i was 14. now 31 and i started playing again after a 12 stop. i went and order one today from same day music, im estatic :hyper: its the same color i saw a player used when i was 14 . it going to be it a dream comming true. i feel like i won the lottery. tks. matt :bassist:
  2. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    That's fantastic! Congrats.
  3. didier

Aug 4, 2005
    I hope you didn't get a backwards one, though :)
  4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    You might want to change your order to have it finished in the new Amber-Fireglo colour. Here's a picture of it.

The standard Fireglo for the past 15 years or so has been more like Fire-pinkglo. Where there has been no or very little yellow burst used in the finish at all during this time.

Amber-Fireglo would be more representative of the finish you probably remember like the two fireglo basses in the photo above.

5. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Im happy for you. I have had the same obsession for a Fireglow 4003 for a long time. There is just something special about a Ric.

Congrats and enjoy it.:hyper:
  6. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Congrats on joining the Ric fold!
  7. Congrats, Man! :bassist:

I've ordered a JetGlo, which I've wanted ever since I saw Bruce Foxton with one. It's not going to show up until about June (in my estimation) :crying:

How does one survive "The Wait?" :help: I'm ready to plunge forks into my eyes. :(
  8. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Congrats on the purchase! Now plug into a tube head and watch the fur fly! I love the tone of a Rick....coupled with tube goodness it is a great comb!:D
  9. bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    :hyper: :hyper: yeah im looking foward on recieving it soon. an i got to try it out on my teachers 68 fender bassman. it should sound sweet. thanks for the support also. becuse my ex didnt enjoy me playing when we met so i stop. 12 years later it like a junkie how has a neighbor as a dealer. im really addicted. and happy. thanks again :hyper:
  10. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    I was in my local music store last Saturday to get some wall hangers for my bass collection - I couldn't believe my eyes, they had a brend new 4003 Blue Boy - I pondered it for around 10 nanoseconds then bought it - it is gorgeous & plays like a dream !! :bassist:
  11. bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    i funny you to a music store for a 50-100 buck items and walk out spending a grand or more. lol i did something like that a few weeks ago i went in to buy some cheap folding stands 3 to be exact and guy want to trade a bass in for a guitar :eyebrow: it was a teisco del ray. the shop owner offer him 50 bucks he said na. he went out side and so did i. he was talking to his buddy he said he was going to go back in to do the trade and i stop him i said ill give you 60 he was happy and i was thrilled i stole it.
  12. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    Awesome! A fireglo 4003 will always be on my back burner GAS list. I want one with the new pull ric/treble tone thing that came out this year. :D
  13. WarwickFan

Feb 7, 2005
    One thing. Rickenbacker dosen't give shipping dates. So if the store says delivery 03/01/06, that date dosen't come from RIC, they guess. That said, when you get it, you'll love it. Rickenbackers are great, old school, rockers.:cool:
  14. Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    I'm here with a dumb question again...
    Are that active or passive basses?
  15. MysteryBox

Feb 28, 2005
    Great for you man i own a 1982 Fireglo 4003

Amazing to the max instrument that i got for cheap, Definately a Closet Classic. And heck im only 17. Cwazy.
  16. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

very nice

but how can you feel like youve won the lottery if youve just spent $1000? :D

ive always wanted a rickenbacker, and right now im 13:bassist: .

bah i need to win the lottery !
  17. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    How/Where does one actually get a "color of the year" bass? They never seem to be stocked by online dealers... do I have to approach a real dealer to order one?
  18. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Congrats!! I just bought one myself,Jonesed for one for 20 + years and finally bought a 4003 jetglo one night last month, I had insomnia and GAS got the best of me!:ninja: I love it, plays like butter and I have found it is NOT a one trick pony. I love mine. Sure you will also.
  19. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Congrats man. here's my 92.

I'm actually thinking of trading mine though... I don't know :meh:
  20. xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Man, I've had 3 Rick's so far, only one that was "off the shelf" - color of the year, or whatever lame term they give for only offering 1 or 2 colors. I can't believe such a high quality product cannot (more like will not) be offered in a nice array of finishes. I read of people (sounding like they're bragging) saying "I got the '03 color of the year", as if that's a good thing. It is if you like the color I guess.
    Don't bother explaining that the cost would go up etc. etc. Have another spray gun ready to go, and open another can of paint. Yes, that should add 200 to the cost right? I don't think so.
    If I don't like one of the choices, I'm not going to order one. I don't know if anyone else thinks that way. The company doesn't care because they're back ordered (for now).
    I'm old enough to remember the choices. I'm also old enough to remember when Ric's were not selling well, and it was hard to sell one for 3/4 the price you paid. Any music store could order 5 basses and have them in stock in a week.
    Anyway, I realize this is a rambling post, but the whole color choice thing just pushed me over the top. Maybe it's because I've seen some cool colors offered in the past which I can't buy today? I won't get a one used either. Overpriced and (no doubt) has some damage on it. (excuse me...that's called mojo right? Another good thing I guess.:rollno: