1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003 in rare Montezuma Brown finish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bcalbass, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Price:
    $1599
    Strings:
    2004 Rickenbacker 4003, Montezuma Brown finish, vintage tone pot upgrade

Edit: Not interested in trades, sorry.

Up for sale is my Rickenbacker 4003 in the rare Montezuma Brown finish (2004 color of the year). I bought it brand new in 2004. It is in excellent condition, with only a few small blemishes I noted below. The original Rickenbacker case is also in excellent condition, with only minor scratches and one small crack (see below). Inclues the bass, case, original chrome treble pickup cover, aftermarket treble pickup bezel, and case candy (owners manual, card, and case keys).

Price: $1599, pay via Paypal. Includes free shipping in the CONUS with signature required on delivery. I'm willing to ship elsewhere, but the price would have to be adjusted accordingly.

Upgrades:
    - I had a pro luthier install the Rickenbacker vintage tone cap and push/pull pot, using official Rickenbacker parts. This gives the bass the same push/pull tone pot feature that Rickenbacker started putting on all the basses a few years after this one was made. The original tone pot is included in the case.
    - Tubeampology treble pickup bezel, to fill the gap around the treble pickup with the cover off.

Blemishes (see photos after the Ric-O-Sound jack photo):
    - Tiny nick on the very tip of the headstock.
    - Very small dent on the back of the bass body (see photo with dime in it). You can only see it in the right light angle, but you can feel it.
    - A bit of the chrome has flaked off one corner of the treble pickup surround. You can't see it unless you're looking for it, but you can see a slight difference in color when you do. In the same photo, you can also see where some of the black finish on the E string pole piece has worn away from anchoring my thumb there.
    - The case has one cracked, but not collapsed, foot. It came from the factory like that (thanks, Ric QC!).

If you have any other questions or want closeup photos of anything else, just let me know.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. byoung93888

byoung93888 Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Asheville, NC
    Nice!

3. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Is there a better Ric color? I think not.

garytone likes this.
  4. lbbc

lbbc

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    Pm'ed

5. PM's replied. Still available.

6. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Only one. Autumnglo.

7. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    I do agree. Autumglo is the best color they ever made

8. garytone

garytone

Nov 26, 2011
    Indiana
    That's a great looking instrument!

9. butman

butman

Apr 9, 2004
    Portland, OR
    PM’ed

10. Sabby22

Sabby22

May 8, 2016
    Hi there, i'm interested in the bass
    Whats the best way to get in touch with you?

11. Sold

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017