1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003, Jetglo, 2008

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ultra60, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    2008 Jetglo Ric 4003. Has the push/pull tone knob which I believe was introduced in '08. Overall, this bass is in excellent condition. There is one ding on the back edge. See pic.

So here's the full disclosure:

1. I bought this bass used. When I got it there were many small bubbles in the fret board finish. I have no idea what caused this or if it came from the factory this way. Over time, I used very fine sandpaper, 1000 up to model grades, and attempted to remove the bubbles. While this did improve most of the fret finish appearance, apparently I went to far on the 6th. As a result, I had to apply some poly, which has caused that one area to appear darker than the rest. So I will state the the overall fretboard finish is not perfect. However, I do not believe the play-ability is affected, etc.

2. I had installed different pickups at one time. Originals put back in. I have included a pic of the cavity so you can inspect the soldering.

I am offering this at $1175, shipped/48, which I think is a fair price. Includes Ric case. Both inside straps, that hold the top at 90 degrees, have come unglued.

I would be happy to offer a 24 hour approval on the bass. But "all" shipping costs, would be at the buyer's expense.

I'm not interested in any trades at this time. Looking to downsize, and mainly playing my P these days. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks, Chris

DSC03286.JPG DSC03287.JPG DSC03288.JPG DSC03289.JPG DSC03290.JPG DSC03291.JPG DSC03284.JPG DSC03285.JPG DSC03283.JPG

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    byoung93888 likes this.
  2. Sold!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021