1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo with upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PMagers, Mar 24, 2019.

1. PMagers

PMagers Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Philly, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Jetglo Rickenbacker 4003 with upgrades. Manufactured December 2013. Includes factory case as shown with no cracks and very minor scuffs. Includes all case candy shown and original pickup cover.

Bass is virtually mint, only a few minor finish imperfections that were tough to photograph. It has been well cared for and has no wear. 9.17lbs.

With the upgrades, this bass sounds awesome: clear, punchy and strong. A big improvement over factory, IMO. Upgrades:
    - Nordstrand Big Single (“Nordenbacker”) neck pickup, installed March 2018
    - Full wiring harness from TB’er Aceonbass installed Dec 2017, with two parallel mono jacks and no push-pull pot, see below for specs
    - Treble bezel (with raised thumb rest)

Professionally set up in March, it plays itself. Wearing new DR Sunbeams with <30 min playing time.

Extras: I’ll include the factory neck pickup and factory wiring harness, should you prefer to return to original spec. I’ll also include a stereo cable, although again, the bass is not currently wired for stereo output.

A lot of photos below. The ones shot in bright direct sun show every speck of dust.

Price includes shipping to lower 48, no international, PayPal only. Not looking at trades currently. Thanks.

Detail on the neck pickup from Nordstrand: “The classic Nordstrand Big Single is now available in Rickenbacker size, a drop-in replacement that fits without marring your bass. It even uses your stock pickup screws. Louder and more aggressive tones can now be found in your neck pickup to keep up with the gutsy stock bridge pickup. As an added bonus, with this Big Single your bass won't have 60 cycle hum when you run both pickups together. Technical Details: Angled poles; Laser cut vulcanized fiber bobbins; Potted in a paraffin-beeswax mix to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone; Classic Big Single in Rickenbacker size; Slightly shorter magnet spacing, which makes for a thicker coil and thus a higher inductance.”

Detail on the wiring harness from the maker: “I don't care for the quality of the construction of new wiring from RIC… the special mono shorting jack has fitment issues in the tight cavity it sits in and they tend tend to develop issues over time… I would build you a harness with a pair of mono jacks in parallel. You won't have to worry about which jack to plug into on a dark stage, they fit better, and they never develop problems. The rest of the harness would be vintage pot specs of 500K for tone, and 250K for volume. This will provide greater clarity, while retaining all of your lows and mids…”

IMG_0119.jpeg IMG_0091.jpg IMG_0097.jpg IMG_0099.jpg IMG_0100.jpg IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0102.jpg IMG_0103.jpg IMG_0104.jpg IMG_0105.jpg IMG_0114.jpg IMG_0090.jpeg IMG_0089.jpeg IMG_0094.jpeg IMG_0110.jpeg IMG_0111.jpeg IMG_0120.jpeg IMG_0122.jpeg IMG_0123.jpeg IMG_0124.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    catcauphonic and toothguy like this.
  2. I have the same exact bass (a 2018 JetGlo 4003 my wife and kids got me for my birthday) and I also added the Nordenbocker neck pickup. It makes a HUUGE difference in tone! Whoever buys this will be ecstatic.

PMagers likes this.
  3. Arch58

Arch58 Retro Rumble Machine Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    PM’d

4. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Eastern Washington
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    What is the neck profile like? Is the neck slender or chunky?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021