Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rickenbacker 4003 parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Razor, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I just scored a 4003 (Mint condition Mapleglo I might add..) and I was wondering if anyone knows how I might go about obtaining another pickguard/truss cover.
    The stock guard/cover is white...I'm thinking maybe change them to black or tort.
    Any/all help is much appreciated.

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    The only way you will get a black Truss Rod Cover is to contact RIC through their website http://www.rickenbacker.com/us/service.htm and order a new one. Of course, order the replacement pickguard at the same time.

But be aware that you will need to surrender your existing white Truss Rod Cover to RIC at the time you order the new one.
    This is because RIC are very careful about selling replacement guitar parts into the aftermarket that often end up on Asian copies of RIC instruments.

You won't have to submit your pickguard, just the Truss Rod Cover.

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I appreciate the info very much. Thanks!
    I guess that's kinda like Ernie Ball with MM pickup's...I can respect that.
    Any idea what the cost is? Ballpark?
    And for anyone who'd like to give opinions on color's of the replacements I'd love to hear em'.

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    You can also get parts here: http://www.the-music-connection.com/ric.htm I've gotten parts from Mike and he's a swell guy to deal with. He comes highly recommended on the Rickenbacker Forum

Though again, you'll have to give up your old truss rod cover.

Oh, and a Mapleglo with black trim looks pretty sharp IMO. Here's a pic of one I snagged from somewhere (some ebay auction I think).

Attached Files: