1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rickenbacker 4003 parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Razor, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Razor


    Sep 22, 2002
    I just scored a 4003 (Mint condition Mapleglo I might add..) and I was wondering if anyone knows how I might go about obtaining another pickguard/truss cover.
    The stock guard/cover is white...I'm thinking maybe change them to black or tort.
    Any/all help is much appreciated.
  2. Thornton Davis

    Thornton Davis Supporting Member

    Dec 11, 1999
    The only way you will get a black Truss Rod Cover is to contact RIC through their website http://www.rickenbacker.com/us/service.htm and order a new one. Of course, order the replacement pickguard at the same time.

    But be aware that you will need to surrender your existing white Truss Rod Cover to RIC at the time you order the new one.
    This is because RIC are very careful about selling replacement guitar parts into the aftermarket that often end up on Asian copies of RIC instruments.

    You won't have to submit your pickguard, just the Truss Rod Cover.
  3. Razor


    Sep 22, 2002
    I appreciate the info very much. Thanks!
    I guess that's kinda like Ernie Ball with MM pickup's...I can respect that.
    Any idea what the cost is? Ballpark?
    And for anyone who'd like to give opinions on color's of the replacements I'd love to hear em'.
  4. keb


    Mar 30, 2004
    You can also get parts here: http://www.the-music-connection.com/ric.htm I've gotten parts from Mike and he's a swell guy to deal with. He comes highly recommended on the Rickenbacker Forum

    Though again, you'll have to give up your old truss rod cover.

    Oh, and a Mapleglo with black trim looks pretty sharp IMO. Here's a pic of one I snagged from somewhere (some ebay auction I think).

    Attached Files: