1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003 (Slim Neck) Price Drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gt96g, Nov 28, 2020.

1. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Original bridge reinstalled and price has been dropped to 1500.

Making a move I'm sure I'll regret down the road, but I have a custom build in mind that won't be cheap and you gotta give something to get something. So, for your consideration is a beautiful Mapleglo Ric 4003. I really like this bass, but it's not getting a ton of play and the funds will serve me for the build.

This is like many 4003 out there, but it seems to have one of the slimmest necks I've ever played on a ric. I received a different 4003 in a trade about a year ago and the neck on that bass was significantly thicker. Just to give you an idea. I'm most comfortable on slim Jazz necks and this is in that ball park. This is also an 09 I believe.

Disclosures: the bass in in overall very good condition but the pickguard was damaged near one of the tone pots, a small portion snapped off and is currently held in place with some clear tape, totally superficial. The back of the bass also has some very faint marks on the finish. Tried to photograph but couldn't even get them to show up.

Price is 1500 shipped (add 25 for the west coast).

Partial trade options. Godin Shifter 4

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    pfern, selowitch, AtomicPunk and 4 others like this.
  2. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    What is the weight of this bass?

3. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    8.8 lbs according to my bathroom scale.

4. NO ONE 420

NO ONE 420

Mar 25, 2020
    What is the string spacing on this ? Does the slim neck have any effect on that in your opinion ?

5. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    When I saw the neck is slim, i mean the grip / rear carve of the neck profile. The fingerboard width, which is what I believe you may be thinking is what i meant is standard, no difference there.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021