1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003 (Special Color/Ltd Run) - Ruby Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JPJ, Feb 22, 2021.

1. JPJ

JPJ Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Up for grabs is a NOS/brand new (never played) Ruby Red 4003 from 2012. The bass itself is as it came from the factory (direct shipped to me, the original owner), including all case candy and protective plastic still attached to the bass and case. I absolutely LOVE the metallic red used for this special run (almost a decade ago)!

When purchased, the bass was put away and never played, so there isn't a single dent, ding, scratch or finish swirl on the bass....no signs of playing wear at all. The only caveat is that (unfortunately), there are two areas where the finish developed issues (around the bridge and where the screws attach the top of the pick guard, shown in the photos here....an issue that some Ricks had at the time, based on my understanding). However, this has been stable for well over 8+ years, and the rest of the finish is factory new (including the sides, back, neck and headstock).

If you're the kind of person who actually plays their instruments and doesn't mind putting a little wear on them, then this may be a perfect fit for you...a brand new bass that has not been abused, but that you don't have to baby and treat with kid gloves.

IMG_5483.JPG IMG_5484.JPG IMG_5485.JPG IMG_5520.JPG IMG_5521.JPG IMG_5522.JPG IMG_5486.JPG IMG_5487.JPG IMG_5481.JPG IMG_5482.JPG

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    That's a beautiful Ric.

BrentSimons likes this.
  3. Plake

Plake Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    This shouldn’t last long. :bassist:

CaptObvious likes this.
  4. dangevans

dangevans

Mar 26, 2014
    Great price on this beautiful bass!

5. It's been 22 hours. How has this not sold at this price? :) I listed a Ruby Red Ric on Reverb at a much higher price, and it sold the next day. Just saying. You could maximize your profit selling it there for +$500. GLWS!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  6. JPJ

JPJ Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Well..if CaptObvious says it, then it must be true (and obvious)! :D

I like to give the TB community first crack, but I think you may be right. I've had a number of folks interested, but so far, no takers. May have to see what the Reverb folks have to say.

CaptObvious likes this.
  7. Nice! The TB community thanks you. I'll admit I almost jumped onto the paypal page to check my balance when I saw this. But if my wife sees another red Ric show up just a couple months after the last one left... You can fill in the rest. :D

The figuing on the fretboard of my Ruby Ric was gorgeous, and looks just like this one. Someone is going to get a helluva deal on this.

kbakerde and JPJ like this.
  8. JPJ

JPJ Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Sale pending....CaptObious was correct. :D

CaptObvious and kbakerde like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021