Rickenbacker 4003 trade for a Spector Euro LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Matches, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Matches

Matches

Mar 17, 2012
    Portland, Or
    I have a Mapleglo Rickenbacker that I have played since 2012. Since that time, I added a Nordenbacker neck pickup, a Hipshot bronze bridge and a treble bezel to it. The bass is in great condition but sometimes I feel that the spark is gone and other times, I am really happy with it. I put it up on CL willing to throw in a Richey splitter and a Tech 21
    Geddy YYZ preamp for a trade or who would want to make an offer on it. I guess I'm looking for a more modern sound. I was hoping someone with a Modulus or a Gould would respond but that was a one in a million chance. One person said that he would trade his 2012 Spector Euro LX in black cherry red. I have played Spectors in stores before but that was years ago. I have been doing a little homework and all I have deen are positive reviews on these basses and I have listened to Doug Wimbish and a few other bass players play their Spectors and they do sound fantastic. I just don't know to take the plunge on it. Rick fans and Spector fans, if you have any advise, please let me know.

Thanks.

2. hbabels

hbabels Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well they’re pretty different basses feel wise. Both great just different. Both tend to have a great growl in the tone. I own 2 euro Spectors and LOVE them. They can def get you a more modern sound and can also hit elements of the Ric sound. if you’re looking for something different I’d say go for it. I’ve been very happy with mine.

3. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    I've got a 4003 and a Euro 5 LX. They are very different machines. Both are great. You'll certainly get a more modern sound out of the Spector. Mine is a 5 string so it is 35" and 17mm, which is a little different from the 4003. It isn't a crazy transition, but I know some folks dislike certain size and spacing. I'm not sure if a Euro 4 is also 17mm.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Spidey2112 likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021