Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rickenbacker 4003

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass_player_cd, Jun 21, 2001.

1. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    Does anyone know all or some of the musicians who used a rickenbacker 4003 to play in the band? I know Cliff Burton used one and this other dude(but i forgot his name), i know thats the bass for my and i dont want anyone to think i'm copying cliff, since hes my main influence.

2. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    Matt,

I'm not exactly sure what it is you're asking.....

...but.....

There have been many famous bass players who have used a Ric 4003. First that come to my mind would be:
    Paul McCartney and Chris Squire

Peter

3. Cliff Burton was more known for his Aria Pro II SB bass than the Ric, although he did play both. I bought my Ric because a lot of players I admired use them...you wouldn't be "copying" them...just showing their influence...not a bad thing. Go for the Rickenbacker, you'll LOVE it...best bass I've ever owned...its wicked cool.

4. Not a problem for me....I can't play Rush or Yes well at ALL, and Lee and Squire were the reason I got into bass AND bought a Rick! :D

5. DO NOT forget Paul McCartney!!!!!!!!

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    They feel fine. They look cool (A Blonde Ric?...drool...), but for the life of me, I can't get a good hand postion on them. My right (i.e. playing) hand just can't find a place to feel comfortable, or even semi-comfortable. So, unfortunatly, no Rics for me. Maybe if I put a thumbrest on one...

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Don´t forget Lemmy from Motorhead and his overdriven-Rick sound, it´s classic.....

8. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

Not sure, didn´t remember seeing Geezer playing a Rick, only Fenders (early days) and Warwicks... but, who knows????

9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    didnt geezer butler from black sabbath use one for a while?