1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003S Discontinued Midnight Blue w/ OHSC! Price Shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dopejohnpaul, Nov 7, 2020.

1. dopejohnpaul

dopejohnpaul Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Hello fellow TB’ers! Up for grabs here is my limited edition (now discontinued) Midnight Blue 4003s from Rickenbacker. You can not buy this beautiful finish anymore. It is in pretty mint condition, with no physical defaults that I can find. Plays and feels fantastic. Low action, fast neck, and a comfortable 9lb weight. Comes with the original Rickenbacker hard shell case. The pickup selector switch can be a little scratchy sometimes, but most likely just needs a good spray. Only selling this because I honestly can’t stand the look of blue or black instruments anymore, and I’ve grown out of the “Ric sound.”

I’m mainly looking to sell. $1600 shipped. Price is firm. I’m getting a lot of lower offers, also trying to get shipping included, and guys, let’s be real. I’m not going to give this away and net $1200 after shipping/fees on a mint condition Rickenbacker in a discontinued color. Save us both the time.

Will consider trades, but my needs are pretty specific right now. Looking for ASAT basses, Tele basses, Les Paul basses, Starcaster/Coronado, Hofner... along those Humbucker lines. H or HH configuration only. No Ps, Js, or PJs. Pm with trade offers. Thanks for looking!

*Note: the pickup screw is missing in the photos. I removed it, because that’s where my finger rests, and it was more comfortable. It has been replaced.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. FlexPete

FlexPete

Sep 4, 2011
    Atlanta
    PM’d

3. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Interested in trades for an upright bass?

4. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    All PM’s Replied. @Sam Dingle probably not at this time. Unless the trade is something along the lines of what I mentioned above, I’d rather just sell outright to help fund another purchase I’m working toward.

Sam Dingle likes this.
  5. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Trade Pending. If you’re one of the few on the fence about buying this guy outright, now’s the time to jump.

EDIT: Tried out the rig I was trading this bass for, and I did not like it, so this gal is still up for grabs.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Relsom and BrentSimons like this.
  6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I didn't think I kinda wanted a Ric until I saw this, lol

dopejohnpaul and shaggy45 like this.
  7. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    It’s a good one for sure! Don’t see the Midnight Blue finish come up for sale too often. This one is very comfortable and fun to play!

TimBosby likes this.
  8. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Payment Pending

9. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Sold on Reverb. Thanks for all of the offers guys!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021