1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003S Fireglo - late 2016

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fourtet102, Feb 5, 2017.

1. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey guys

For sale mint (less dings) Rickenbacker Fireglo 4003S. Bought it new from Wilwood, sold it and got it back (TB'ers are the coolest people around). It is in mint condition less photographed nicks, which must've occurred on my crowded guitar rack. Asking price adjusted due to couple of small nicks, as I realize some TB'er are very particular about condition (I personally prefer worn out instruments). Right now the bass is safely placed in its case and I promise I won't remove it from it :)

Light at 8.86 lbs.

Strung with Rick rounds which I really like (nice low tension).

Comes with all original accessories plus treble bezel deluxe.

No trades, priced firm with shipping included. $10 discount for buyers west of Mississippi.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    bdgotoh, Spidey2112 and Milo's like this.
  2. What's the neck like on this bass? Thinner or thicker than your average 4003? Also, any idea on weight?

3. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    Neck? Don't know how it compares to an average 4003. Not too thick for me.

Weight - 8.86 lbs.

EagleMoon likes this.
  4. Varlam

Varlam

Jan 20, 2017
    Metro Detroit
    "What's the neck like on his bass..."
    I have a 2016 4003w and the neck on it definitely feels a bit thicker and maybe a tad wider than my former 4001 and 2001 4003 models.
    Funny, with this newer model the neck is actually a bit thicker on the lower frets and then gets progressively thinner as you go higher up the fretboard. Sort of a D shaped profile.
    I have average sized hands/fingers and I've taken to the newer 4003 quite nicely. I also prefer the increased output of the newer high gain pups. I like the overall build quality of these newer Ricks.
    This is a fine deal for whoever nabs it, I'll consider it myself.

Hey Fourtet, tell us about where/how much fret buzz exists on this one for sale.

5. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    No buzz wbatsoever. When I got this bass I immediately became impressed with Rickenbacker quality and very solid feel. It outplays and outsounds all precision basses I played against this one side by side. And this is coming from diehard fender precision player.

Rob L likes this.
  6. Fender2015

Fender2015 Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Still available?

7. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    So far it is but just plugged her into studio preamp and can't seem to be able to put her down. Great, versatile tone...

Last week I recorded one of my favorite Beck's songs with 4003S. Rough cut......

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    rbeck47 likes this.
  8. Fender2015

Fender2015 Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Is it wider than Fenders?