SOLD Rickenbacker 4003s Jetglo 2016

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Gibraltaar, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Gibraltaar

Gibraltaar Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    Putting this out there as a feeler, really love this bass but have unfortunately fallen upon tough times financially and need to free up some funds. Purchased this bass about 4 months back from the original owner on Reverb. Bass plays and sounds like a RIC should.... awesome....

I took of the bridge pickup cover and installed a trebel bezel (cove) for easier playability. I do get some single-coil pickup hum from this bass, which seemed to increase slightly after removing the pickup cover. Through my gear it sounds about the same as a Jazz bass pickup soloed. That being said, the electronics in my house are a bit strange, and I've played it through tube amps outside of my place and it's been essentially silent. Just something worth noting for full disclosure etc.

The cosmetics on the bass are close to perfect, with the only notable exceptions being a very small paint chip between the body and the neck which I included in a picture, and some slight slight wear on the screws holding down the bridge pickup (from removing the bridge cover), the metal seemed to be pretty soft, its not close to being stripped, just slightly more 'rough' than mint I'd say. The previous owner also filed one (just the D-string) of the nut slots slightly to accommodate a wider string gauge. Oh, and the bridge pickup itself is ever-so-slightly crooked, just the way she was born, and seems to be a fairly normal RIC quirk.

Given these small quirks I am offering up this awesome bass for a steal at $1200 shipped within the continental US.

Looking to sell straight-up, but would entertain some trades + cash on your end. Mainly interested in newer American-made Jazz basses.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016