1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003SW MINT w Upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AFellowLinguist, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Price:
    $1400
    Strings:
    For sale is a beautiful, mint condition Rickenbacker 4003SW with a few upgrades. This bass was purchased off Reverb this summer with the intention of using it in a new project. However, I ended up on guitar, so the bass is up for sale to fund some guitar-related purchases. It has been used very gently in a smoke-free home, and there are (as far as I can tell) no signs of player wear. The bass has been professionally set up and plays exceptionally well. It is currently strung with DR Sunbeams (45-105) which are in nearly new condition. I had a Hipshot bridge professionally installed, and the underside of the pickguard has been shielded to reduce noise. I've also installed a treble bezel, which, together with the hipshot bridge, makes this easier to play than any stock Ric I've handled. The original bridge and treble pickup cover will be included with purchase should you decide to revert this bass to the stock spec. There is one small factory flaw with the bass - the side dot marker for the seventh fret has been somewhat unevenly applied (pictured below). However, it's very difficult to see at a distance and should not interfere with playability. The bass will be shipped in the original hardshell case, and all case candy (cleaning cloth, hex keys, documentation, sticker) will be included. In my opinion, the grain of the walnut on this bass is really exceptional - among the best I've seen on a Ric. It's a fantastic bass, and one I would definitely hang onto if other priorities hadn't arisen.

Specs:
    • Solid Walnut Body
    • Maple Neck
    • 20 Fret Maple Fingerboard
    • 84.5 cm (33 1/4'') Scale Length
    • 42.9 mm (1 11/16'') Neck Width at Nut
    • 54.0 mm (2 1/8'') Neck Width at 12th Fret
    • 25.4 cm (10'') Fretboard Radius
    • 2 Single Coil Rickenbacker Pickups
    • Schaller Deluxe Machine Heads
    • Weight: 8lbs, 11oz. (per original seller)

Price: $1,400 (shipping negotiable).
    Local meetup available in CT, RI, and Western MA.

Not interested in trades at this time.

File_000. File_000 (1). File_000 (1). File_001 (1). File_002 (1). File_002. File_003. File_004. File_001. File_000 (2).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    sonofshel, Pet Sounds, MCF and 4 others like this.
  2. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Beauty!

AFellowLinguist likes this.
  3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Nice!

AFellowLinguist likes this.