1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker 4003W

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mountainheart1, Jul 17, 2014.

1. mountainheart1

mountainheart1

Oct 15, 2011
    I know these basses are few and far between right now but I have found a few and wanted to share their locations. Sam Ash stores in Hollywood CA and Brooklyn NY have one in stock. I just bought one out of a FL store and am having it shipped to my home in NC. I have put in some time in finding them and I don't need three (or do I) so hopefully if anyone else is wants one as bad as I did here is a chance. They will send you pics of them upon request. I have pics from all 3 I found. Most retailers have told me that Rickenbacker isn't gearing up production on these until October and in Rick form it could be months into a year before the ones already on order are fulfilled. Hope these two find good homes!

2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    W for walnut?? I have never seen a 4003W to my knowledge

3. tilehilder

tilehilder Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Central Massachusetts
    Thanks!

4. mountainheart1

mountainheart1

Oct 15, 2011
    One great thing about a natural wood finish is they have different and noticeable characteristics. This is the one I have heading my way.

Attached Files:

mapleglo likes this.
  5. I purchased one a few weeks back from a Sam Ash on Long Island, NY
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1405648270.100516.

6. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I think they are gorgeous, but I really love the maple neck. I wish I had that on my measly 4003 FireGlo. =(

7. spanndrew

spanndrew

Oct 14, 2013
    Atlanta, Ga
    If I had the cash I'd pick one up yesterday. They are beautiful!

8. mountainheart1

mountainheart1

Oct 15, 2011
    Very nice leegreenman! I'm unsure why Sam Ash doesn't post their in-store stock online. It took me calling 5 stores before finally a store in Charlotte near me told where all the ones were located. I called every store that had one to get pics and decided on the FL bass because on wood character and plus it was still in the factory box. Never hung in the store so I didn't get a multi handled bass :)

9. The store I purchased at (Huntington) is great. Higher end stuff isn't accessible. It's behind the counter. They only let you play if they suspect you are a serious buyer. No kids manhandling the nice stuff at this store!

10. Gizmot

Gizmot Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    Congrats - its a beautiful bass. I hope it serves you as well as my Ric bass has for the last 34 years. I saw this model when it was introduced and I'd love to have one

11. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    I ordered a 4003W on June 12th from a great local shop. The owner called Rickenbacker and they estimated the wait to be eight months to a year. I'm cool with it. It's paid for, when it gets here it will almost like surprise after that long.

12. Easy for me to say, because I saw mine and scooped it up the same day, but it's totally worth the wait.

13. tbz

tbz

Jun 28, 2013
    SoCal
    Man wonder how long Hollywood has had that in stock. I was down there a few weeks ago and didn't see it.

They had a beautiful Ruby one though, must....resist.....

14. mountainheart1

mountainheart1

Oct 15, 2011
    I didn't ask. I have pics of it if you want to see it. I was initially going to get that one but found the one in FL.

15. I ordered mine in late April and was just told to expect it sometime between October and the end of the year...

16. I dig the look of these.

17. If I had the scratch to blow, I'd get one!

I think they look beautiful!

Seems like there have been lots of differing stories regarding what folks are paying for 'em...

What did y'all spend (if I may be so bold as to ask)?

18. OlSkewl56

OlSkewl56

May 26, 2007
    South Texas
    Ordered one late August and was told 6 to 8 months.

19. I paid 1699.