SOLD Rickenbacker 4004 cii Cheyenne 5 string Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SlithMan, Nov 1, 2017.

1. SlithMan

SlithMan

Oct 23, 2017
    Price:
    Strings:
    This bass was my fathers, don't have much info on it. Pictures should tell more. These are hard to find from what I have looked up, not sure if they are still making them. Everything works and the bass sounds great, the blue color is gorgeous. Has a few dings and dents scratches from normal use, some gunk on the neck near headstock from sitting in a rubber coated guitar holder, looks like it will come off with cleaning. Comes with a metal hard case, strap, tuner and neck wrench.

Update: From what a few people have emailed me these are pretty rare and less than 100 were made. The bridge and tuners have been changed to a Kahler bridge and Hipshot Ultralite tuners, I have not located the original bridge or tuners but if I do they will be mailed out to the buyer. These basses went out of production when it was discovered that the pickups weren't quite wide enough to cover all 5 strings. This is likely why the bridge was changed - to set the strings closer together so the pickups gave a more even response from B to G.

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg

Attached Files:

2. SlithMan

SlithMan

Oct 23, 2017
    Sold, thanks all.

Bottom 4, basmansam and kulit17 like this.
  3. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I like 5, 8, 10, and 12 string basses
    I remember talking to the original owner who made the mods. It is a nice bass. I would replace the pickups and add a preamp if it were mine