1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rickenbacker 4004 Turquoise

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PaulBoyer, Oct 14, 2013.

1. PaulBoyer

PaulBoyer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    While preparing my book over the last eight years or so, I accumulated quite a few Rickenbacker basses. I'm no longer an active player, and I'd like to see the collection distributed to folks who want/need/appreciate a good Rick!

Is it a Laredo or a Cheyenne II? The answer is "yes." I bought this used on eBay from Prussin Music in September 2010 as a 4004L Laredo. I'm one of those weird people who prefer the gold hardware over chrome, so I gots t' thinkin' . . . I'll bet gold hardware on Turquoise would look great, so I swung a swap with Dane Wilder for gold for chrome (which he prefers). The only item I didn't exchange was the jackplate which I wanted to keep with its original frameset. Come to find out, the body wings of this Laredo are made with the maple/walnut/maple sandwich construction usually found on the Cheyenne II, so with the exception of having a finished fingerboard and the chrome jackplate, this is really a Cheyenne II! This bass was made in 2004 before RIC repositioned the pickups to the original "raised" positions. One thing that isn't quite kosher is that the bridge is the Schaller item; the original chrome bridge was the ABM. The Schaller attaches with three screws, the ABM, four. So underneath the bling are another set of holes.

You gotta admit, Turquoise and gold sure is pretty!

Price is firm at $1800 with case (plus shipping). No trades, no lower offers.

Attached Files:

2. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Would look great under the Christmas tree!

3. jet_king

jet_king

Jul 31, 2009
    Chicago,IL
    Would look great under MY Christmas tree you mean :D

4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    What a gem! Paul, love the book and I am a long time subscriber to FSM. Two great hobbies! good luck!

5. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser

Sep 15, 2011
    South Cackalacky
    I have nothing to disclose at this time.
    Gorgeous !!!

6. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Get it now in time for Christmas!

7. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    SOLD! Thanks, Mark!