1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Trade Rickenbacker 4004

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtwill1227, May 15, 2019 at 10:49 AM.

1. jtwill1227

jtwill1227 Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Hi Talkbass! Got a lovely (and rare) 4004 here for a potential trade. Pickups have been wired before I got it to V/T V/T with a three way selector switch. Sounds fantastic, maybe like a Ric with a bit of Thunderbird growl. Wild sustain. Has fresh DR High Beams on it

The neck is chunky but comfortable 1.65" with some of the prettiest rosewood I've ever seen.
    Body has a couple of tiny chips in the paint. It comes with a good-condition case, and I will include the leather strap and strap locks. Weighs 9lbs 2.2 ounces

I keep picking up these awesome unique basses, but I always go back to a simple P. So looking for a four-string, Precision-style bass of equal value. Fiesta Red to the front of the line.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 8:40 AM
    basmansam, woodyng2, farace and 5 others like this.
  2. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Hello.
    What year?
    How’s the neck/action set up?

3. jtwill1227

Not sure of the year, would guess 2008 based on the chunky neck. Action is pretty dang low. I will look into the year and report back.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 8:40 AM
    woodyng2 likes this.
  4. sfuentes

sfuentes

Nov 9, 2011
    CA, USA
    Nice!
    You’re only considering trades, correct?

5. jtwill1227

For right now I am. If you want message me directly with a bass + money offer or any other type of offer, please feel free to message me directly, thanks!

sfuentes likes this.