1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD RICKENBACKER 4004L

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 59jazz, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    2012 4004L. I just bought this 8.4 lb wonder and now I'm selling it to fund another Pedulla MVP. Upon receiving it I installed a Dane Wilder pan/vol/tone harness with push/pull pots on the vol & tone pots. This allows one to short out one coil in each pickup to get the classic 4001/4003 sound. OEM harness will be included. The only thing wrong with this bass is that the clear coat has separated (still sealed) from the base of the last 4 frets near the body. Also I found some paint on the truss rod nuts, I suspect there was a finish repair by RIC prior to it's initial sale; none of which affects the playability. No dings, nicks gouges or heavy swirling. Just a clean comfy lite on the shoulder playing bass. Recently strung up with ROTOSOUND nickels, comes with a new RIC case. Only trade I'd be interested in would be a mid/late 80's Pedulla MVP 4 banger at or under 9lbs. $1675 shipped to the lower 48.
    Here's a link to the previous sale. SOLD - Rickenbacker 4004L
    Trades considered:EB Music Man SR4 in decent shape, natural ash with short bridge and rosewood board, must be 9lbs or lighter. + cash on your part
    IMG_2993.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. naetog

naetog Supporting Member

May 26, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Good luck!

Get that MVP!

59jazz likes this.
  3. bylar13

bylar13 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2016