Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rickenbacker 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassBoyLeroy, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Hey, I dont know what board this goes on, but since I saw a similar post, I figured this is where it goes. A lot of people have been asking(or so it seems to me) about ric 5 strings. Well I was cruising the bass northwest site, and there it was. A ric 5. The link is http://www.bassnw.com/Used Basses/rickenbacker_4003s5_white.htm.

-Leroy-

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Saw it in person on Friday. Looked at it and kind of played it on the stand, and the string spacing, while definitely tight, wasn't that big of a deal. The B was actually pretty tight, too! I'd buy it if I wanted the Ric tone on a 5...but I don't think I'll get it.

3. Hey angus--

Where in seattle do you live?

4. that is a great price though, and i dig tight string spacing....:eek: seattle is not that far...hmm...

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Leroy: I live in Woodinville, so not really Seattle, but close by. Where are you at?

6. Well, im kinda in between two places. My mom is in Duvall and my dad's in Redmond(where im at now). Finally! someone that lives near by!