Rickenbacker and Schroeder cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassYerFaceoff, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Has anyone done this? I have a Ric 4003 that is only a month old and I have just ordered a Schroeder 2x12PL and the anticipation is killing me. Can someone tell me of the sonic havoc they have wreaked with this setup? I don't care what amp you've used... or which Schroeder cab. I just want to know how many people were left alive after witnessing such a seismic event... in detail please. What was the tone, punch, growl like?

2. So you are asking folks to discuss the sound of a certain bass with a certain cab, yet do so without any regard whatsoever for the only device in the chain that allows that bass to work with that cab?

Leave out the amp and there won’t be any sonic havoc.
    You need all three parts, and of the three, the amp will have the most impact on sonic havoc.
    IMHO, the amp is the most important part of any sonic havoc discussion.

Maybe let us know what amp you intend to use? That way, maybe someone out there has used that amp, or something similar, and can provide you some real world info.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    BassYerFaceoff and Munjibunga like this.
  3. gregmari

gregmari

Nov 27, 2013
    Oregon
    I've done it. Sounded huge. Though I used a 4001.
    IMG_1244.JPG

BassYerFaceoff and eriky4003 like this.
  4. gregmari

gregmari

Nov 27, 2013
    Oregon
    IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1245.JPG

BassYerFaceoff likes this.
  5. Well, RICS have very distinct sound no matter which amp it is going through so that's why I don't care what amp is used...

ANY amp is fine as long as it was a Rickenbacker Bass through a Schroeder cab.

That's what I imagine! Thanks! How about that Ricky signature tone through it? Anyone else?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021