Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rickenbacker baby!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Well guys,
    Starting today I am saving up to get me a Jetglo Rickenbacker 4003!!!!!

I should be gettin it around Xmas!!!!! :hyper:

CANT WAIT FOR MY RICK!!!

2. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    I want to play one pretty bad, a nice mid to lates 70's 4001 would be a nice addiiton...heh i cant wait to see your new rock man. :hyper:

3. Getting it before Christmas? I hope you found already found one and got it put aside for you and that you are not ordering one. Otherwise it could take up to 9 months..possibly more.

But congrats that you are getting a Ric.

4. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I used to own a '74 maple 4001; I shoulda never sold that bass. I loved the way it looked & played, just hated the way it sounded. I only paid $425 for it (no case). :eek:

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Replacement pickups and different strings -- BAM. New sound! ;)

I'd love to own a Ric -- they're just soooooo pretty!

6. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    It's on my unofficial wish list; I'll own another one someday. It was the woodtone version anyway, & I'm kinda partial to paint. Balck or blue would be very cool.

7. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    here here. I keep going back and forth from a 4004, MIA Jazz, and a Lakland Hollowbody. I used to have a 4001 but i sold it cause there was something wrong with it.....the signal output kept peaking and diving giving me an inconsistant sound. mmmm i do like that 4004 though.

8. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i had a 1980 ric 4001. it was beautiful. the 4003's are sub par if you ask me. plus if you buy it a guitar center, they won't let you return it if you do not like it later. :bassist:

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Then don't buy a Ric from Guitar Centre.