1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rickenbacker baby!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Well guys,
    Starting today I am saving up to get me a Jetglo Rickenbacker 4003!!!!!

I should be gettin it around Xmas!!!!! :hyper:

CANT WAIT FOR MY RICK!!!

2. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    I want to play one pretty bad, a nice mid to lates 70's 4001 would be a nice addiiton...heh i cant wait to see your new rock man. :hyper:

3. Getting it before Christmas? I hope you found already found one and got it put aside for you and that you are not ordering one. Otherwise it could take up to 9 months..possibly more.

But congrats that you are getting a Ric.

4. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I used to own a '74 maple 4001; I shoulda never sold that bass. I loved the way it looked & played, just hated the way it sounded. I only paid $425 for it (no case). :eek:

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Replacement pickups and different strings -- BAM. New sound! ;)

I'd love to own a Ric -- they're just soooooo pretty!

6. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    It's on my unofficial wish list; I'll own another one someday. It was the woodtone version anyway, & I'm kinda partial to paint. Balck or blue would be very cool.

7. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    here here. I keep going back and forth from a 4004, MIA Jazz, and a Lakland Hollowbody. I used to have a 4001 but i sold it cause there was something wrong with it.....the signal output kept peaking and diving giving me an inconsistant sound. mmmm i do like that 4004 though.

8. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i had a 1980 ric 4001. it was beautiful. the 4003's are sub par if you ask me. plus if you buy it a guitar center, they won't let you return it if you do not like it later. :bassist:

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Then don't buy a Ric from Guitar Centre.