rickenbacker bass in let it be

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bon viesta, Jun 6, 2021.

1. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    just thought i’d share these photos. apparently, we can now pinpoint the date that paul sanded his rickenbacker to not be before let it be or anything like that, but rather the last few days of january. it’s very interesting to see that psychedelic bass on the floor knowing that they’re working on let it be in 1969. seems almost a bit out of place. but i’m surprised no one has ever noticed that it was laying on the floor. maybe no one cared :laugh:

Attached Files:

nixdad and Pet Sounds like this.
  2. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    bonus picture!!! here’s the right handed jazz that george harrison was using on abbey road a few months before that album was recorded.

Attached Files:

nixdad likes this.
  3. There was a lot of talk about these pictures on a Facebook Rickenbacker group or two a few weeks ago. I did find it a little surprising that it was still psychedelic as late as January 1969.

bon viesta likes this.
  4. I wonder if there's any chance that Paul will be shown playing the Rick at any point during the upcoming Get Back film?

bon viesta likes this.
  5. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    definitely will at the very least see pictures of it on the floor, even if it’s a very brief, hard to see shot.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021