1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker Laredo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sixx788, Sep 17, 2008.

1. sixx788

sixx788

Jan 3, 2007
    Michigan
    Does anyone know how much these can go for on Ebay....new? I had a music store call me to tell me that they got one of the Rickenbacker Laredo's in, if I am interested. However, I am scared to death to buy it since I never held one, played one or even seen one in person. I am just wondering if I buy it....and hate it, can I get my money back on Ebay or would I probably lose. I would know in a day or two if I would like it or not. What do you think?

2. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    I'd say you'd lose if you're going to sell it within a few weeks of getting it.

If I'm not wrong the MSRP of the Laredo is $1869 so they should sell new around $1500 or so. I'd be expecting to get a mint used one for around the $1k mark.

However, you never know if you have a bass someone wants and can't get easily (usually the good thing with Ricks) you might get most of what you pay back. Remember though once you've paid for shipping and eBay fees you're going to have less!

Just had a look on eBay and a nice Cheyenne has recently sold for $1580.

3. sixx788

sixx788

Jan 3, 2007
    Michigan
    Hmm...either this guy is price gouging or somethings not right. He was asking $2099 for it new. Now your making me wonder.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    With the price increase this year, that sounds,....possible. If it were a Cheyenne for sure, but you should definately try one out. A Ric bass with humbuckers and a wider neck sounds good to me.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Prices did go up recently, so he's probably asking the new MSRP. He might even get it, too, considering the wait time on new Rics and the wide range of prices they go for on Ebay.

6. sixx788

sixx788

Jan 3, 2007
    Michigan
    I tried to look at the completed auctions, but there weren't any. Well, my husband ordered it. So I guess I will see how it plays. Hopefully I can get my money back or at least close if I don't like it for some reason. I just JUST put an order in on Monday for a new G & L L-2000 bass. That was a $1300 bass.....now this one. Can't really afford it, but had to jump on it while I could.

7. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Good luck!!

8. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    here's my modified Laredo ... I added a 5th string and a 4 band preamp.

4004l%20011.

4004l%20009.