1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker - Long Island Setup

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigDrew, Dec 24, 2016.

1. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    Happy Holidays All!!

I picked up a 4003 and I really love it. But, it really needs a setup...nut is too high and cut too thin for standard strings, mute doesn't work even though I trimmed the foam....you know all of the standard "issues".

My question is; since Rics are sort of finicky, does anyone know of a luthier or tech on Long Island that works on Rickenbackers? Thanks in advance!

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I've always heard of this guy Joe Pichkur on Jericho turnpike. I've passed by his store many times but never went in. He apparently knows what he's doing.

3. Ross Kratter

Ross Kratter Gold Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    New York, NY
    Artist, RS Berkeley, La Bella Strings and Phil Jones Bass Amplification
    If you're willing to go to Brooklyn, Mas Hino is the man. I live out in Riverhead, but he's the only luthier I'd ever use for electric bass. He's just that great. He's at the La Bella showroom - 225 34th St between 4th and 5th Aves, Brooklyn 11232.

rockinrayduke likes this.
  4. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    Yes! He is awesome and his stuff is awesome, but I don't think I need his power for this! Ha!

5. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    I'll check him out. I was hoping for something in either Suffolk or Eastern Suffolk. Thanks!

6. WMDBASSPLAYER

WMDBASSPLAYER

Nov 28, 2014
    My long time friend, Qabid Hakim, (brother of Omar), turned me on to Mas. He is definitely the man and a really nice guy! Definitely my go to guy from now on!

Ross Kratter likes this.