RICKENBACKER Mapleglo 4001

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Biker4Him, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Buy it now... for $750... shipped, paypal, no other fees!!

Here it is again, this time it's better:bassist:

1979 Mapleglo 4001 Rickenbacker. I added the correct pickup cover, I fixed the string damper system, I cleaned off the surface scuffs, and I went through and fixed all the pots, so that now there is NO noise.

The bass feels good, smells good, it's ALL good!!

One small little wear spot in the finish on the back of the bass (as shown.. it's the size of a quarter)

Other than that... it's a 25 year old bass that's in pretty good condition. Comes with a padded gig bag. Some wear on the frets.. as you would expect.. but they are not worn out. The bass plays great. I just don't need two of them.

No trades...$825 shipped (inside the US) paypal accepted!!! Send me your email address if you want more pics.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Sweet bass, and a great guy! Someone buy this!!!
  3. Man, 2 nice Rics going at a bad time...guess it wasnt meant to be.

Here is a bump for ya.
  4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Wow...surprised this isn't sold yet.

Great bass, great price, great seller.

5. Agreed...awsome price on a sweet bass.

Ho hum...if it only werent for the bad timing of winter :scowl:
  6. SOLD....

thanks guys.. I sold it today just about an hour ago.

7. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    So I was reading, and saw a too good to be true price, kept reading down, wanted it, kept telling myself I wanted to buy it. Then...... I get to the bottom and see sold :( this makes Ben sad. Sweet bass though.

8. I don't want Ben to be sad.

But.. where you been the last week or so.... I've been trying to sell it for a while. Anyway... I think thedeadkin has a cool 4003 for sale... check it out.
  9. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    haha I've been so busy lately haven't been able to visit you all nearly as much as I'd like :( haha but I'll be back in full swing soon.

I'll check that ric out